Friday 8 April 2011

Motivation


I, perhaps like many who enjoy putting pencil to paper or brush to canvas, go for periods of time completely ignoring my drawing board. I know I could make time for anything I want to do by leaving other things undone, so that is not the excuse. It's not even that the inspiration is absent, rather that the motivation is lacking. There may be many causes for this but essentially they are all emotional. For motivation read passion and without it ideas are just laboured. And so I used to let myself get away with not doing because I wasn't moved to. Since I have learnt that the every act of doing can bring about the passion. So, no excuses, I'd better do a new sketch, and I would but...


'The trouble is we want to feel before we act.'
- Margaret Cundiff

No comments:

Post a Comment