Tuesday 5 April 2011

Who's that girl?

Right, so, an old picture as I have nothing new to proffer. I had just come back from my journeys through Russia, China, Australia, New Zealand and Canada at the time I drew this, full of plans and ideas. When I wasn't working I was drawing and painting. Then I let other things get in the way. I still remember the words of another student when I was at college, I don't remember much else as it was years ago, but those words stuck to my brain like a poster pasted to a wall. Her name was Marnie and to paraphrase her she told me that she was going to concentrate on her career and not let anything else get in the way. It wasn't that I was asking, it just came up in conversation. I wonder now if she stuck to her plans.
This figure isn't Marnie. She had very ginger, very curly hair. This figure isn't anyone.


It's never to late to become what you might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment