Sunday 2 January 2011

Good friends.

A long time ago there were two good friends that lived with us: Ella, a Dalmatian and Beanie, a cat. Ella lived to the ripe age of fifteen; a lively girl who never acted her age. She made herself my friend very quickly when I first met her, by climbing up on my lap and curling up like a cat. An odd experience for me as I had never had a dog or shown much interest in them, that coupled with the fact she was a fully grown three and a half stone. Odd, but endearing. I cried on her last day when I carried her, wrapped in a blanket, from the vet. Beanie missed her too. As you can see from the sketch, they were bed fellows. Beanie's character seemed to change slightly after Ella's passing and a few short years later he died of a broken heart. It was no less emotional with his passing, but at least they are reunited and once more the good friends sleep beside each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment