Sunday 2 January 2011

Yes, deer...

We have a lot of Roe deer about these parts. They are all wild (that's an important point to remember, keep reading). We often see them from our house and out and about when walking the monster. The said monster was accused of poaching the other day, she chased a deer for a couple of hundred yards. I know it was she that was accused and not I as I can't even poach an egg. In fact I had a master class from my wife, recently, on how to make an omelette. Apparently you have to break eggs and stuff! Bryher wasn't too bothered about the accusation as she doesn't understand English, hence her utter disobedience. No, indeed, it was I who was livid on her behalf. She's only sixteen months old, still a baby, and only wants to play - with everything, whether it breathes or not. I felt comforted by another local who pointed out to me that land owners are strange people who think they own more than their land (this is where the 'deer being wild' point comes in!)
I told Bryher she had better stick to chasing leaves, her tail or her dreams. She said what tail, oh, that tail, where's it gone, oh, there it is, come back here...

No comments:

Post a Comment