Tuesday 8 March 2011

Change

If I had a pound for every time I have thought, 'I can't do that because it would change...'! Both my wife and I have worked with children with an autistic condition; we know how some of them can be. The factor of not accepting change can be quite pronounced and I have noticed that in myself. I get settled into a routine and don't notice that I'm doing it, sometimes to an extreme. I love the change in the seasons and the weather. I like to change things around at home or in the garden. Even breaking with any kind of tradition, I'm up for! And then I do the same things at the same time everyday and say, 'I do that then, so I can't do 'whatever'.' It takes my good wife to tell me I'm being a little bit autistic.
When our lad was born it cast me adrift on a sea of uncertainty; that was good for me.



If it changes your life, let it.


No comments:

Post a Comment