Friday 11 March 2011

My treasure

Another happy memory from our days at Le Manoir in Saint Marcel du Perigord. One mermaid and one seal pup. The irony is that I swim like a brick. As a child I attended swimming lessons a few times until the swimming instructor saw fit to push me in. I took umbrage, so as to spite her I never went back - serves her right. As an adult I now see the folly of such a decision. I see the same attitude in my own son and wonder why he can't see it is for his good, not anyone else's, that we teach him things. (If anyone can help me make sense of that, feel free.) And so it was that I started to learn to swim while in New Zealand at the age of twenty-seven, completing the job back in the UK. I can now traverse a pool without the aid of a lifeguard rescue, but I fear any kind of medal at the Olympics would be an ambition too far!


Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment