Tuesday 8 February 2011

Agents! Who needs them...

I once found an agent that was willing to take me on. I was still in my twenties at the time - an age ago! So I spent a few months painting this kind of stuff in the hope he'd sell the rights and I'd make a living; that was the plan anyway. It turned out two works were snapped up very quickly because, he was proud to say, a client just saw them lying around! Just think what might have happened if he'd bothered to promote me slightly! Most of the money disappeared in the photography process, which I had the honour of paying for. Then all went quiet, despite submitting about thirty artworks over two or three months. In the end I gave up as one can't live on just fresh air, and the agent and I parted ways. No hard feelings as you can tell. No wonder he wouldn't say where he lived!
I am left, however, with a few paintings I'm proud of, even if they don't fit with my usual subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment