Thursday 10 February 2011

A published piece

I entered a competition and won the opportunity to create a commissioned piece for a short story in L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future volume XIII. Check out the credit at www.writersofthefuture.com/books/writers-of-the-future-volume-13 For the Strength of the Hills by Lee Allred, illustrated by Steve Turner! Hey, my name in lights, or black type, it's all good, eh. (Yes, different name, don't make me explain right now.) I was flown to Florida and got to see the Atlantis space shuttle launch. A good time was had by all! I lost to Eric Williams (see www.ewillustration.com/), credit man!
One of life's curious experiences. (I use the term curious in the same manner as Alice once did while having an out of the ordinary experience in Wonderland) What came of it? Nothing really, not being a scientologist (most of us have our little fantasy worlds, but really Ron, what were you thinking!!), got to be one of the gang to get anything out of it and they're not going to recruit me.
At least I got a holiday that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment